Solve a Problem and Make Money Online
Here’s another excellent interview to give you ideas of what you can offer when deciding to work from home.
Today’s interview is with a trusted and popular WordPress Support freelancer and blogger who has assisted a number of bloggers and website owners just by being extra helpful. But before I go into the full interview I just want to share with you how you too can help others and create a new business for yourself.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information read full disclosure.
You might have heard that before starting any business that you must find out what is the need of your audience. Depending on the niche you want to go into what are the problems that people are having? What are your potential clients’ pain points? What questions are always being asked in groups that you can solve?
Being able to answer and solve these pain points are usually the best avenue for starting a business.
If there are enough people asking the same questions and you have the skill or willing to learn the skill then you can become the go-to person to provide the solution.
As already mentioned in previous posts, I love to share information about the journey of real-life freelancers and how they started their online businesses and the best part is they are not location dependent. They can provide an excellent service from anywhere in the world.
This is exactly what today’s interviewee did so let’s find out how Muhammad Umair Quereshi of WPStairs.com started his WordPress Support Service to help so many of us bloggers.
I personally heard about and saw Umair in Facebook Groups that I’m a part of and saw that he was always extremely helpful, engaged with and networked in a lot of groups and seemed to really know about the technical side of WordPress.
When I really started taking my blogging journey seriously and needed my site speed increased and other tech stuff that I just couldn’t handle I got in touch and used his services. This is his journey so far.
Interview with WordPress Support Service Owner
1. Tell me a little about yourself and where you’re located.
I am Umair otherwise known as Muhammad, a Mobile Applications and WordPress Developer. I am located in Karachi, Pakistan.
2. What made you want to work from home?
I realized that I could work from home when I started to get requests for help within the various Facebook Groups that I joined. Because of my IT background, I was able to help and answer a lot of the technical WordPress questions.
My other reason was flexibility. I am a husband and father and wanted to have the time to spend with family and still be able to earn a full-time income.
>>>You might also be interested in reading Can Men Make Money Doing Work from Home Jobs
3. Why did you decide to provide a full-service WordPress Helpdesk service?
As I mentioned earlier, over time I saw that several bloggers were facing issues with technical things, this made me think that I could provide them with a monthly WordPress support service. That was my lightbulb moment when I realized that I could turn this into a work from home business.
4. Has your past working experience played a part in your work from home job or was this something completely new?
My past experience is related to Mobile Applications Development but for the last 3 years, I started concentrating on WordPress.
5. How long have you been doing this and when (how far in) did you realize that you could make money full-time providing a WordPress full-packaged service from home?
Well, I’ve actually been doing freelancing for the last 5 years in a number of IT roles but once I set up my own WordPress Helpdesk service 3 years ago I realized that the demand was growing.
It was around the 18-month mark that I started up the full-service WordPress Support package that regular income really started coming in.
6. I hope you don’t mind me asking but can you share with us roughly how much you make per month? Just a general figure for those who think they can’t make a great income if located outside of the US/UK/CAN.
I earn over $2500 every month and my clients are located all over the world.
7. Is there any special skills or equipment needed to start doing a WordPress Support job or can it be done with minimal investment?
As a basic standard, you will need a decent computer with great high-speed internet service but mainly it’s about having a real passion and knowledge to do the job well and provide an excellent service.
8. Since starting this WordPress Helpdesk from home career have you faced any challenges that you wish to share and how you overcame them?
The challenge I have is a good one. Since starting this online business I have so many clients that I can’t do it all myself so I had to scale up. I now have a team working with me.
9. Is there any special training or online courses that you took or can recommend starting in this type of virtual business?
My educational background has helped me with my virtual business as I have a Masters in Computer Science.
I’m a very techie person so I like to find out and get to know about the latest WordPress plugins and useful apps or if there are any issues that might affect WordPress sites. So me and my team do a lot of reading and research for ourselves and to also keep our clients up-to-date on things.
10. What would your advice be for someone who wanted to work from home as a WordPress Support Specialist?
The best advice I can give is just to focus on your market. Figure out what the needs are, what you want to achieve and set your goals.
At the start you will face some issues plus people within your niche might have negative things to say or have different opinions on things but just ignore them and move forward towards your goal.
11. Now that you’ve become an expert in your field how has your business grown compared to when you just started?
It’s been good. It’s great to look back and see that at the start it was just me trying to help people get to grips with WordPress to now where I actually have a team of people working with me doing what I enjoy.
12. Can you share your website/contact information of how we can get in touch with you in case someone out there has some WordPress difficulties and wants to use your services?
Final Thoughts on Providing WordPress Support
From this interview, I hope that you can see that just by helping others solve their problems you can find a way to develop a great online business no matter the niche and no matter where you are located.
Umair used this to his advantage by offering solutions and using the skills he already had to create a WordPress Support Service.
He also made sure to follow his own path to online success regardless of the naysayers and just focused on his own goal. This has led to rapid growth because of demand for his services that he now has a team to help out with his growing client list.
Have a think about what you can offer, how you can help others and see if you can turn your ideas and solutions into a successful online business and don’t forget to make a comment if you enjoyed this post and pin and share with others.